Everest Base Camp Trek – Blog
Bharat Thapa | November 10, 2017
Everest Base Camp Trek
An awesome journey to the highest peak of the world – Mt. Everest. As a matter of fact the journey for the Everest base camp trek can be a souvenir to your adventurous journey. Get ready for this amazing expedition with an absolutely incredible flight to lukla. And capture the awesomeness of flying parallel to the sky dominating peaks with wonderful landscape beneath. After all this will take you to khumbhu region of solukhubhu district in the sagarmatha zone of Nepal, the homeland of almighty Mt. Everest.
Everest Base Camp Trek commences from the flourishing village of Lukla and descends down along the Dudhkoshi River. The trail follows a route to Namche that progresses to a well paved path to Phakding (2610m). The route eventually passes various suspension bridges and continues through dense rhododendron forests. The village of Benkar, Chumoa and Monjo will ultimately lead you to Sagarmatha National park and then to Namche (3440m) via Jorsale. The narrow and crowded streets of Namche will amuse you. Similarly, the dzopko haul with heavy loads, children playing in the streets and the traders passing along the narrow streets of Namche, the town is a bizarre.
From Namche, the journey continues with a hike to Everest View Hotel which offers wonderful views of mountains of Everest region. After beholding the memory of picturesque mountains from the hotel, you head back to Namche. While exploring the Sherpa Culture Museum and Everest Photo Gallery on your way. Then after enough acclimatization in Namche, you continue your journey to Tengboche (3860m). Tengboche is a popular place in the trial for the awe inspiring views of mountains and Tengboche monastery. While heading back to Dingboche and Lobuche appealing views of mountains will be with us. After the days long effort, finally, you reach your ultimate destination- “Everest Base Camp” at an elevation of 5364m. Not only the view that reveals in front of your eyes as you reach the base camp is spectacular but also the glittering white mountains standing tall is to capture forever!
Everest Base Camp , you can hike up to Kalapathaar for the close up views of mountains like Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, Pumaori, Ama Dablam and Island peak. Your journey to base camp ends with a return journey to Lukla via Goreshep, Pheriche and Namche.
Some of the important points to be noted for Everest Base Camp Trek are as follows:
- To embark your journey to Everest Base Camp, you should set aside 14 days which is the minimum time frame for accomplishing a journey to Everest Base Camp.
- For entering the Sagarmatha National Park, you will require a special permit.
- As Everest region is one of the most preferred trekking routes, you can find clean and comfortable guesthouses for accommodation.
- The guesthouses offer the service of delicious and hygienic food too.
- Generally March – May and September – December are considered as the best time to visit Everest Base Camp. These months are considered as the best months both temperature wise and views wise.
- Everest Base Camp Trek can be moderate to strenuous in terms of difficulty. A trekkers should be well prepared and well acclimatized to complete this trek.
- If you opting for the Everest Base Camp Trek, the “do not forget items” that should be included in your packing lists are duffel bag, day pack, sleeping bags, Hiking boots, hiking tshirts, hiking pants, hiking waterproof jackets, few pairs of socks, gloves and other clothes necessary to keep you warm.
Himal Eco Treks organizes Everest Base Camp Trek which can be 14 or 16 days journey as per your time constraint. Do not forget to call or inquire us about this journey if interested. We assure you a memorable trip to Everest Base Camp.